The Knox Old Boys Pipe Band enables its members to keep up with their piping and drumming in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Some of us have just left school; some of us left school a while ago now; some of us play a bit more seriously; others get along occasionaly, when they can.
The emphasis is on playing for enjoyment, and all old boy pipers, drummers and drum majors are encouraged to join.
The band regularly plays at various community events during the year, for example:
- Bundanoon highland gathering
- Redfern RSL Anzac Sunday service
- Gulgong Anzac Day dawn service, street march
- Wollombi Anzac Day service
- Novus Foundation (Wahroonga Rotary) fundraising dinner
- St Ives Rotary Food and Wine Fair
- Wahroonga Fair (combined with the school band)
It has also been an honour to send solo pipers to various ANZAC church services, Remembrance Day services, weddings, funerals and dinners. We particularly enjoy playing at the Old Boys Rugby.
We practice on Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30pm. We are currently alternating between practices in the Great Hall at school, and practising on Zoom.
New members are always welcome!
Contact Allan Watts: email@example.com for more details.